Monday, August 10, 2009

4 Weddings, 3 Trips to Mexico, 1 Trip to Vegas, and 1 Visit to Sea World

I'm TIRED!

2009 has been the year of the wedding and I am totally NOT kidding! The past 10 days were a complete whirlwind as 3 of our 4 weddings were in that time slot. That's right. On a calendar, we had three weddings in eight days.

It has been wonderful to witness our friends and family profess their love and devotion to each other, though. Each ceremony and celebration was unique unto the couple and each was a perfect fit. And in their own ways, each wedding reminded me of my own.

One ceremony was on the beach, one at a hotel, one at city hall (we just went to the restaurant for the reception), and one was a full Catholic Mass. And still, each one was full of the same love and hope and passion that my own held.

Besides the weddings, we have traveled more in 2009 than ever before. I've enjoyed the trips and the family time immensely. Dr Pop and I partied it up in Vegas, relived our own wedding in Cancun, took Boy Pop to the beach with us... TWICE, and got to experience Shamu through the eyes of a 5-year old.

It's been quite a year. Magical, even. And even though I spent a good part of the time stressed out over tiny little nonsensical things, I have loved and held onto each second. For these are the memories I never want to lose.

The past 6-months have been a non-stop ride. I'm happy to have had the opportunity to do so much. But I think I'm ready to be low-key for a while...

Too bad school starts in 15 days...

No comments: