Monday, November 03, 2008

I Still Bleed Orange (And Other Thoughts)

Well, we lost. Our little brothers up in Lubbock had a better night. Watching that game sucked. And that's all I have to say about that. Well, that and the fact that you won't see a Longhorn tearing down a goalpost after a big win... Ahem...

Moving on...


For the past two years (2006 and 2007), I've participated in NaBloPoMo (National Blog Posting Month). I posted each and every day in November. http://www.nablopomo.ning.com/ I signed up to do it again this year. Except that today is November 3rd and I didn't post on Saturday or Sunday, so I'm already out.

I guess I can take a year off. Or I can pick my own month to post every day. It doesn't really matter all that much in the grand scheme of life.

I haven't downloaded pictures in about two weeks. With all of the things that have been going on lately (t-ball, football, Halloween, etc.), I have a huge backlog of pictures to sort and post.

Oh, and if you are wondering why I did not have time or energy to log in over the weekend and post, let me run it down for you:

Friday October 31
Attend costume parade at Boy Pop's school at 10AM.
Receive phone call at 11:30AM from director about trouble that Boy Pop got into.
Pick up Boy Pop at 2PM to come to family day at work.
Leave work at 4PM and start a frantic hunt for face paint.
Arrive home at 4:45 with face paint (after four stops).
Race over to Halloween party at 5:30.
Arrive home at midnight.


Saturday November 1
Wake up at 6:40AM.
Doze back off.
Wake up for good at 7AM.
Start helping Dr Pop put stuff out for neighborhood garage sale.
First customer arrives at 7:21.
Sell our big ticket items.
Sell some other crap.
Dr Pop gets very sick.
Hold down the fort for another 30 minutes or so then pack it all in at 10AM to go watch ESPN.
Medicate Dr Pop.
Get Boy Pop ready for T-Ball.
T-Ball game at 12.
Come home and eat lunch and rest for a bit.
Clean up after garage sale and gather stuff to take to Goodwill.
Make a Goodwill run and then go to Wal-Mart with Boy Pop.
Eat a Fun-Size box of Milk Duds.
Lose a filling in a Milk Dud.
Finish cleaning up house and start prepping for game watching party at our house.
Guests arrive at 7PM.
Game over and they leave, all despondent in defeat.
Watch Journey to the Center of the Earth with Boy and Dr Pop.
Watch the time change with Dr Pop.


Sunday November 2
Wake up refreshed and ready to take on the world (first time that's happened in a while!) at 9:30 AM (really, it was 10:30... go time change!). I was the only one awake.
Receive text from friend regarding church.
Get in the shower.
Get out of the shower and see that Boy Pop and Dr Pop are now up
Make decision to skip church and shop for ski clothes instead (we are heathens up in here, y'all).
Get Boy Pop a bad ass outfit.
Come home, eat eggs that Dr Pop has lovingly prepared for us all.
Watch some football, then leave at 2 to attend the Texas Book Festival at the state capitol.
http://www.texasbookfestival.org/
Spend 3 hours away and come home $20 lighter (didn't buy books, bought pop corn and sno cones instead).
Come home and watch the remainder of the Dallas Cowboy debacle.
Clean up dog poop in the backyard.
Clean out the litter box.
Make a small effort to clean the kitchen.
Run the vacuum cleaner. Boy Pop tells his father, "Mommy is our new maid!"
Do laundry.
Cook dinner.
Watch Sunday Night Football.


I'm fucking exhausted! But won't my kid be the cutest at ski school?




So anyway... NaBloPoMo is pretty much a bust this year.

No comments: