Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Letting Go

Pitter Patterson has begged me for a post. I've had one swirling around since late last night… Mostly, it was a rant unsuitable to fit. I'm giving myself 24 hours to be stunned, shocked, angry, and incredulous, then I can go back to being rational.

Fuck that. Even if Ms. Pitter is the only one interested, I have to get this off my chest.

I want our President-elect to PROVE ME WRONG in the next four years. He has two ways to go… He can be another Jimmy Carter or he can be an agent for positive change to our country. Either way, I win. We all win. Only if he turns out to be Carter-esque, it'll take four years to get a true conservative in office. One that cares about states rights. One that cares about empowering the people (ALL the people) into accepting personal responsibility and into achieving their own true potential. This cannot be done by giving more money to them or by taking away from those who earn more.

It's not "luck" that puts us where we are. It is determination and hard work. And until the majority of American people understand this, we will continue to bailout the bad decisions of others. This is not right. You wanna talk about "fairness"? It is not fair that my tax dollars (most assuredly to increase despite promises otherwise) will pay for mortgages for deadbeats or for the lax lending practices of financial institutions, which were MANDATED by a Clinton-run government. It is not fair that corporations that spend time and money to create the very cures to illnesses are sure to be handicapped and under further financial control of the government. Since when did capitalism fail us? It is the race to be the first and the best that has inspired so many to go above and beyond to invent some of our greatest achievements in technology and medicine, not to mention just about every single convenience we all use and appreciate today.

Don't talk to me about fairness and luck. I'm about hard work and striving for excellence. Only now, it is all thrown under the rug, diminished, and I should consider myself one of the lucky ones with a job.

Again. Fuck that.

Robin Hood is a fairy tale. A Medieval one at that.

Look, Obama ran a flawless campaign. For the past two years, with the help of our fine media outlets, every single negative story, every single question regarding record, character, associations, hell, even his citizenship were quietly squashed. The only ones writing about it or talking about it were conservative bloggers and radio talk show hosts. Republicans and conservatives were fighting an uphill battle all the way based on the public perception of GWB. Personally, I think you people give Bush too much credit for where we are today, but we'll have to agree to disagree. They certainly weren't helped by the current times. And McCain did not do nearly enough in his campaign to attack the right points. He lost that one. Obama won. And all ACORN controversy and fraud aside, he apparently won fair and square.

I was told by the news medial that I need to give our new president a chance. Okay. Fine. I will. We all will. It would be wrong not to do so. But I'll be watching. We'll ALL be watching. And when the dust settles, the smoke clears, and the new regime acts true to form, I'll be the one saying, "I told you so."

Please prove me wrong, Mr. President-elect. Not for me. For my son. And for all of our children.


Because, quite frankly, everything *I* do in this world and in my life is to make the world of my son and my family just a little bit better. I don't need anyone to do it for me, either. But if you make my world worse? Look out.
And now, I'll let go of it all and say a prayer for our country and our president-elect. I'll say a prayer for George W. Bush, John McCain, and Sarah Palin as well. And then I'll sit back and watch. It's time to stop writing about politics for a while. I'm exhausted by it all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you go girl. i know you feel better now and so do i :)