Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Traveling

"You will step on the soil of many countries..."

That's today's fortune on excite.com. I suppose it would have been more accurate if it had read, "You have stepped on the soil of many countries." I admit, I have done quite a bit of traveling in my life. I've visited Europe and Mexico countless times. With all the traveling I've done, there is still so much to see.
I'd love to take the trip I'd planned 5 years ago to the Nordic countries (Finland, Sweden, Denmark), I'd love to see Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Tahiti, Fiji, Bali, Russia, Spain, and Malta. These are just a few of the places I want to visit before I die. I sometimes think, though, that the only way I'll see them now is if Chris and I enter the Amazing Race. But you don't get enough time in each country to see anything, plus, you don't get to pick and choose your spots. I really don't have any desire to visit India, Pakistan, or China.

At this point in my life, I prefer to really take a vacation when I go somewhere. That's why Europe is mostly out. When you visit a place such as London or Rome, you really work hard at it, what with the tours, constantly being on the go, and jet lag. I need a vacation from my vacation when I go there! So I've been mainly focusing my time in planning trips to the beach. Not just any beach, though... The Mayan Sun Coast in Mexico.

Think about it. There is really no need for constant touring. Hell, half the time, there is no need to leave the all-inclusive resort! The biggest decision for the day is whether to lay out on the beach or at the pool. That's what I love these days. Plus, the flight is only 2.5 hours. That will beat out Hawaii and it's 8 hour flight with massive jet lag attached any day of the week. Did I mention that Cancun and Playa del Carmen share my time zone? Of course, I would never complain if I was offered a trip to any of the Carribbean destinations, including the Bahamas, Aruba, Jamaica, St. Thomas, etc.

Wow. 2 weeks and 2 days on the job and already I'm waxing poetic about going on vacation! Not a good sign...

No comments: