Monday, May 09, 2005

Inspiration

It's been quite a while since I've done any blogging. I suppose my life has sped up a bit in the past several weeks. So far, I've gone from a stay-at-home mom running around after a toddler and trying to cook dinner and do laundry fairly regularly to an 8 to 5-er. I just began week three of a new job that I never dreamed I'd be doing three weeks ago. I'm sitting at my desk, drinking green tea, wasting time until my customers find out that I'm their new contact, and surfing the web. What a life! I'm getting paid to do this???

The hardest part in going back to work has got to be the fact that the last time I had to get up in the morning and drive to work, I was the only one I had to consider in my morning routine. These days, it's a different story. So I get up at the crack of dawn and get myself ready, then I have to actually wake up my sleeping boy and get him ready and out the door at a decent hour. That, plus the fact that I spend more than 8 hours away from him and don't get to see him day-to-day and put him down for his nap or feed him lunch is definitely a huge transition.

I suppose that with all that's been going on, I simply haven't had the time, nor the inspiration to write anything. Nothing soul-catching or earth-shattering has come across my life, forcing me to write. When I blogged before, I was constantly beset with inspiring little ideas and events. Now, I'm just trying to get through each day and get everything done before I fall into bed. I'm thankful for my new job and I'm really very happy that we will no longer have the stress of me not working over our heads, but I'm also a little sad. I want to hold onto my stay-at-home-mom status a little longer. I want to cling to my son every day when I drop him off at his daycare. I want to sit on my back porch and watch the dog run around at 2 o'clock in the afternoon. I want to stay up until 2AM watching TV on a weeknight. I want to sleep in and let my son be my alarm clock.

Alas, these things are over. A new chapter is beginning. I will remain positive in it and all things, though. After all, God would not have cleared all the obstacles on the path to this position (and there were many seemingly insurmountable ones) had I not been intended for this new world. Plus, I simply couldn't turn down the money!

I will definitely take a little more time out of my days to write, though, as it gives me some relief and satisfaction.

No comments: