Thursday, July 02, 2009

8 Years Ago (Right this minute!)...

I was still on my first date (from the night before) with Dr. Pop.

I remember getting home at around 2 or 3 in the afternoon and sending a text to my best friend, Karly.

It said something along the lines of, "Wow! I just got home! Great date!"

I think from the time we had our first date, through the following year and a half, we spent two nights apart. One because I'd helped a friend move and was too exhausted to drive and one because he was out of town for work.

I know we are about to celebrate our country's independence this weekend. And it is an amazing thing to think about, what happened all those years ago. That a few men, who had finally had enough, had the guts to say NO MORE! And that is, indeed, what we all need to remember this weekend.

But for me, the Fourth of July weekend (and the days leading up to it) have a special place in my heart for another reason.

On July 2nd, 2001, when I got home and sent that text message to Karly, I didn't know what the future held. I had no idea that we would be together this long, nor what an amazing, incredible, fantastic, insane road we had just stepped onto.

Thank GOD we took that first step!

Love you honey!

No comments: