Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Maybe It's The Cedar

We get really bad cedar allergies around this time each year. The reactions vary from somewhat mild all the way to flu-like in severity, and they last for about as long as the pollen remains in the air, spiking in January.

I've been feeling the cedar for a while, but have only had one day in the past three weeks where I really didn't feel up to coming to work (I did anyway). FF to this morning. My throat is swollen almost shut. My sinuses are draining like faucets. I'm slightly nauseated. Ugh.

I didn't watch a single minute of the festivities yesterday or last night. I don't care who wore what. I don't care about the parties (Didn't care in 1992, 1996, 2000, or 2004, either. So there!). What I do happen to care about are some itty, bitty, teeny, tiny details that haven't gotten much airtime...

  1. The Dow had its worst inauguration day loss in history.
  2. In an economy such as this, isn't it a little extravagant to have the most expensive inauguration in history? Does that send the right message?
  3. There doesn't seem to be much concern that our new president wants to take over our banks and run them.

I promised my husband and myself that I will give this guy a chance. I will not be like all those psycho idiots over the past 8 years who said, "Bush isn't *my* president!" or "Bush stole the election!" or "I want *my* country back!"

News flash. Bitter much? Let the last 8 years go. Your guy won this one. Same as your guy was the president from 92 to 2000. It's called a democratic society and we all go to the polls and vote for our guy and go through the process and the guy who wins the most states, wins. My guy won twice. So fucking what?

This country has always been your country and like it or not, Bush was your president, too. This is our country and the president, whoever he may be, is OUR president.

Ahem! So... Didn't mean to rant.

Back to the point. I'm going to give this guy a chance. It is time for change, which is why we have presidential term limits.

Time will tell.

In other news, I was really on edge and cranky yesterday. I think I'll blame the cedar.

No comments: