Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Obagi, Exercise, and Other Randomness

I've started week three of working out on a regular basis. I talked about weeks one and two on my workout blog: http://needtoworkout.blogspot.com. I feel pretty good. Sore, but good. And I'm back to healthy eating, as hard as that is… I've cooked dinner an average of 5 or 6 nights a week since the new year began. I’m very proud of myself on that one, too!

When the new year began, I also re-started Obagi (Retin-A/Glycolic Acid/Skin regeneration regimen). I find that the winter is the best time to go through the program as I am not outdoors all the time. I can already see a major change in the finer lines around my eyes, mouth, and forehead. It'll take some time, but I think I can take a few more years off my face. I will have to pause the program for a couple of weeks in late February/early March due to a tropical vacation/wedding/birthday/anniversary celebration, but I can't discount the results I see each and every time I use the products faithfully.

I also would like to take a moment to say thank you to George W. Bush on this, the day he handed over his title to a new man. Thank you. You are my definition of a great person. You have strength of conviction and of character. You did what you thought was the right thing to do over the past eight years, based on the information you had available, despite public opinion. And then you stood by your choices and decisions. Doing the "right" thing is rarely the easy or popular path. You withstood the brunt of the public's and the media's ire and stood fast in your beliefs in what was good and right and best for us. Were you ultimately wrong in some of those decisions? Time will tell. But you, sir, are a great man and I thank you for your service to our country.

In other news, it looks like everyone I do business with took the day off today. Therefore, I am very bored!

No comments: