Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Vacation Photos and Recap (Round 2)

You can read round 1 here.

Day four begins with a decent hangover and allergies for me. So we decided to go get some hangover-curing breakfast at the open-air restaurant. I had this wonderful burrito filled with eggs and served over refried beans. It was just like home! I still did not feel all that great, so we went back to the room to take showers and get ready for the wedding. Dr Pop even ironed his shirt!

What a setting! We got there a few minutes early and took it all in, and were reminded of our own wedding, which happened to also be in the Mexican Carribbean area. The groom handed me his camera, Dr Pop had our camera, and two of the other guests had cameras as well. Add in the official photographer and videographer and you'll note that there were six people taking pictures at the event! All I can say is that's awesome!

Weddings always get to me. Whether you are by yourselves with a justice of the peace, in front of 100s of guests in a church, or on a beach, the underlying spirit is the same. You are pledging your life and your love to another person. You are promising to be the kind of person YOU would want to come home to each day. You are promising to do all you can to make the other's life better and meaningful. It's just so romantic! And being there served to remind me of the reasons I married Dr Pop. I made a silent promise to myself to be a better wife and to be my husband's girlfriend again.

Once the ceremony was over, lots of pictures were taken. The photographer even included us, the surprise guests from the volleyball pool! There was lots of posing and picture taking, some cake-eating, some champagne drinking, and then it was over.

So naturally we all decided to head back to the volleyball pool! We gathered buckets of ice and made our own coolers for the cans of beer we had the poor waitress keep delivering and spent the better part of the rest of the day there.

Me, being the ever-pessimist, realized later that night that our vacation was now at the halfway point. Why is it that the clock seems to move so much more quickly on the downhill side of a trip?



Later that night, Dr Pop and I headed out to the local sports bar to watch one of the basketball game. I think it was the Lakers/Spurs game. I'm not really sure, though. I don't really follow the sport until right about now, the end of the season. We told the happy couple where we'd be just in case they wanted to get out of the hotel for a little while. And they did. All-in-all, I would have to say that Day 4 of our trip was probably my favorite day.

Coming up next, the rest of the trip...

No comments: