Monday, February 25, 2008

IT'S MY BIRTHDAY WEEK!

Well, it is here. My birthday week. I know you all are scrambling and trying to figure out what to do for me now, because the time just slipped away and now the month is at an end and JUST WHERE DID THE TIME GO???

For me, well, I kind of feel the same way. WHERE DID THE TIME GO??? It seems like just yesterday that I was in my twenties and living in Dallas. And then I realized last week that that time was ten freaking years ago! What the hell? My passport expires in March and those suckers are good for a full ten years. I've lived for over three decades now. That is strange to me. Measuring my life in decades.

Sometimes, I do feel my age, too. I have been trying to counteract that through my diet and physical activity, but time, it does march on. Usually across one's face. Nothing a good photo facial can't fix for now, though.

I think the most vivid change in me that has taken place between my twenties and thirties came in my ability to stay awake. Maybe it has to do with being a mother, but I know a lot of mothers who can stay up late and party like rock stars (hmm... Party like rock stars. Maybe they really *do* the rock star thing, sniff, sniff. I don't know). But something switched in me in about my 29th/30th year and I started getting really tired. It was a real shock and I'm still not used to it, but my body actually requires between 7 and 8 hours of sleep per night and if I don't get it during the week, then it'll be taken out on the weekend to the point that I'm sound asleep on the couch at 10PM on a weekend night, when I'd been staying up until midnight for the full five nights prior.

Makes for an interesting conversation with my hubby.

"How can you be ready for bed? It's 10:30?"
"I'm tired."
"But you've stayed up till 12 the last five nights and now, a night where you don't have to get up and be anywhere the next day, you are about to fall asleep?"
"I'm tired."
"Whatever."

I have a feeling that I annoy him when I do this.

No comments: