Friday, January 04, 2008

Resolved

Last year, I wrote a laundry list of New Year's Resolutions. You can see them here, but only if you're bored.

How did I do? Well, some things were good and some were not. Most of my resolutions were immesurable. I started some off with a venegance, but sadly dropped the good habits I'd started. So this year I'm going to do something a little bit different.

Resolutions are things you do not like about yourself, right? Well all-in-all, there are things I wish I did better, but I'm pretty happy with who I am. So this year, I want to improve on the things I'm doing well and drop the things that hold me completely back.

2008 will be the best year of my life as a wife, mother, daughter, sister, granddaughter, neice, friend, and person.

This year, I will take care of my family, be more cognizant of how I treat the environment, and give back. Caring about the world around me and actually doing for others is my goal. I want to reconnect with the church and with God and live the life He wants me to live. I will not be held back by the negativity of my thoughts. I will flush out the bad so that there is room for good.

And to quote Jen, "I resolve to be self-aware enough to spot potential problems within myself and to begin to work on them immediately, without a making a public announcement or waiting to start the improvements on an entirely arbitrary date."

Here's to a great 2008!

No comments: