Thursday, January 03, 2008

The New Year

So it's only the third day of the year. I've finally gotten our New Year's Eve pictures downloaded onto the computer and then uploaded here for the blogging community to enjoy. Riiight...
New Year's Eve was relatively low-key. We had a couple of friends over, ate some snacks, drank poinsettas (champagne and pom juice), lit fireworks, and after Boy Pop finally crashed, we played a rousing game of Wii Olympics.
Oh Lord! We played for two hours. I twinged the right side of my neck, and my right shoulder, arm, and wrist and I'm still sore!
I finally called it a night (morning?) at 4AM. Our friend called a cab at 4:15 that did not arrive until 6AM, at which time, Dr Pop finally came to bed.
New Year's Day, obviously, got off to a relatively rocky start as you can imagine. I woke up at 10, feeling a little hungover and headache-y. I waited until 11:30 to wake up the Boy (Can you belive it??? He slept until 11:30!!!), but finally had to get him up because my parents were coming by on their way to Abilene from my grandmother's house. Dr Pop woke up and felt horrendous. He stayed in bed while my parents were here.
My parents stayed for an hour, during which my mother tried to lay on a guilt trip about me not letting them take Boy home with them for the remainder of the week. She pouted. I ignored it and offered them food, which they declined. Then they left.
Dr Pop was in a very bad way (lack of sleep, lots of beer, bad allergies), so I gave him a phenergan and left him to sleep it off. Turns out he fell asleep with it in his hand and woke up about five hours later, just in time to eat a few black eyed peas and some cole slaw (You know that black eyed peas bring good luck, but did you know that eating cabbage on New Year's Day is supposed to bring prosperity?) and then went back to bed. Boy Pop and I hung out and played and I watched America's Next Top Model for hours until we all finally went to bed.
I have this whole week off of work and I had some Christmas money burning a hole in my pocket, so yesterday, we all loaded up and went to the mall. Ugh. I really do hate the mall, but I ended up with about five new tops. Dr Pop bought two new pair of shoes, and the Boy came home with three new t-shirts.
Not satisfied, today I ventured out alone and came home with a pair of boots, two pair of ballet flats (red patent and bronze), and a pair of black crinkle patent pumps, three t-shirts, a sweater, a robe, and a pair of yoga pants (I don't do yoga). I'm done. D.O.N.E. Well, I still need some new brown boots, so I'm almost done. And I could use a new pair of nice pants and maybe a skirt. Later.
Tomorrow is my last official day of vacation, not including the weekend, and I'm not sure what I want to do with it. Our Christmas decorations are all still up because we are lazy like that. I need to clean out my closet. I need to do laundry. I need to throw out a ton of crap (Hey, tomorrow is trash day!). I need to do something more productive than shopping and watching ANTM as I feel my brain is rotting away.
Perhaps I'll figure out some resolutions to share with the world...

1 comment:

emily said...

how about letting us see your new shoes? i love shoes.