Friday, October 20, 2006

My own three beautiful things... An arm, self-confidence, and cereal

Yesterday was a difficult day. One in which I focused on the bad and couldn’t bring myself to think of anything even remotely beautiful or even nice to write about. It was a low for me. I went from wanting to put my fist through my monitor at work out of pure frustration, to coming home and being locked out of my house and having to dig for my key, to checking back into work from home and wanting to throw the laptop across the room. Like I said. Not. Good.

Today, I already have three things (they are indeed beautiful to me and things that I am extremely thankful for):

1. This morning, at around 5:44AM, I awoke to screams coming from my son’s room. He’d rolled out of his bed and bumped his head. I gave him a hug and some kisses and tucked him back in, then I laid down next to him for a few minutes. He wrapped his arm tightly around my neck and fell back asleep with a sigh. My heart melted.

2. My confidence in myself, my moral code, and who I am as a person is a beautiful thing. I know that I am a good person who always tries to do the right thing by everyone in my life. I would never intentionally hurt anyone, much less someone I care about and love. I am far from perfect, but I’m doing the best I can. I find solace in the truth that I know who I am.

3. One of my co-workers brought breakfast for the team today. She brought my favorite cereal (Kashi Go Lean Crunch) just for me.

No comments: