Monday, October 23, 2006

Domesticated...

Honestly, there is nothing I enjoy more than finding a yummy-sounding recipe and creating it for my family. And there's nothing I detest more than cleaning up afterwards.

Take an early-morning garage sale on Saturday, add in new tools purchased for the hell of it and a tool box to organize the scattered tools in my house and garage, throw in a nail-biter of a UT football game and a trip to Goodwill for good measure, and add a dash of last-minute soup making and pantry organizing and that is a recipe for mess.

I attempted laundry last night. There are now clothes languishing in my washer AND dryer AND on top of the dryer waiting to be folded and put away. On Friday, my house was virtually spotless. Two days later, it's a mess. I think I need to hire people to be in the shadows, magically appearing to do things like pick up random coke cans, pieces of paper, toys, and wash the freaking dishes. Ugh!

Happy Monday, y'all!

1 comment:

emily said...

Oooh, I want the shadow people too. I NEED the shadow people.