Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Too Much Randomness

You know what? There is so much that I want to say that I simply cannot put it all down. I have so many thoughts jumbling around in my head and I can’t get a handle on them all. I want to tell So many people so many different cutting things about how I feel about their choices. Thinking these things, though, makes me no better than the people in my “real world” life that I am criticizing.

I’ve written and deleted no less than five potential posts this morning and I still can’t seem to get it right. I took a look at my goals for this year and I realized that I have failed miserably in one particular area. This one just happens to be the one that holds the key to my contentment and happiness… Letting. It. Go. I can’t seem to do it, but I’m going to try harder. Seriously, why do I care so much? I should stop focusing on people that are on the periphery of my life and concentrate on the center… My husband. My child. My friends. My family.

Those people who constantly harass me to have another child because they have more than one… Those people can suck it. It’s nobody’s business how many children my husband and I choose to have and, quite frankly, it’s rude to question us about it. What is it about children and pregnancies that gives everyone else a right to tell me what we should do?

I love reading my list of blogs every day… I love checking in on the random people that I have discovered through this outlet. I have a list of favorites that I check in on every day from LA to the UK and France. I love reading about everyone’s lives. All of your blogs help to give me an insight into worlds and views that I am simply not exposed to otherwise. Some of you are single and in your twenties, some of you are, like me, mothers, and some of you, well, some of you live to make fun of celebrities and in doing so make me laugh. I don’t agree with everyone all the time on certain views, but you give me INSIGHT and you BROADEN MY WORLD, and for that, I thank you.

Now… Do any of you moms who read my blog have any advice on potty training???

2 comments:

emily said...

My Boy is potty trained and has been for several months now. But I don't have any advice really. When I wanted it to happen and thought he could handle it, I took off his diaper and said "no more diapers now". He peed on the floor (hardwood, not carpet) a bit and then figured it out. He's pooping on the potty too which is great except that now he's attempting to wipe himself. While I praise his independence, he's just not ready for that. That's how the poop on the fingers and walls thing happened.

zuzula said...

hmmm i'm not sure my blog provides much of an insight - but I'm glad you enjoy it anyway!