Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Oh, oh Mexico...

How I miss you so...

It's great to be home. I was so happy to see my little one on Saturday. It had been TEN WHOLE DAYS! We missed our little guy enormously.

There's a ton I could write about, but I have to say that in terms of lifetime random moments, I had one that ranked at the top of my list occur while sitting in the van at the airport, a mere hour after our arrival into Cancun, waiting to get on the road to our resort in Playa del Carmen...

A couple gets on. We start the usual friendly chatter in preparation for an hour-long drive...

Where are you from?
Austin. Well, really, we're from Round rock.
So are we! Which part?
Blah blah blah.
That's where we live! What street?
Yada yada drive.
That's our street, too! What's your address?
1234
We're at 1334!
NO WAY!!!

So, it took a three hour wait in an Austin airport, a 3 hour plane ride, and a van to meet people who live literally one block away, and who we've waved to on a number of occasions in passing. Definitely random.

Now it's back to work and to the real world. I may post a couple of pictures later. :)

No comments: