Monday, March 07, 2005

Vacation

My fortune today said: You need a new environment - go on a vacation.

It's creepy how astute that computerized program on excite can be. I really do need a vacation. So does my husband. The crystal blue waters of the Caribbean beckon us like a siren's song. We need a week or two of simply laying around on the beach, getting tan during the day, partying all night, and escaping the reality of our day-to-day drudgery for a while.

As the rain continues to pour down outside, and I'm sitting here writing, I feel like I'm about to waste a week that could have been used for good. My parents have taken our son for spring break, so I am blessedly free for a while. It would have been nice if we'd been able to get it together and go somewhere right now, but what with my husband's illness and time off work because of it, and my recently canceled house contract, it simply isn't feasible. Oh well. We'll make it to the Bahamas in the next month or two for certain.

In the meantime, I think I'll use my free time to get my business back into the land of the living, organize my house, and make my home feel like a paradise!

No comments: