Thursday, March 10, 2005

Luck, Life, and Other Stuff

My world seems to be changing at a drastic pace and it is exhilarating! After 6 months of not selling a house and not getting call backs for job interviews, I am negotiating 2 contracts and have an interview this Wednesday. I can't believe it. My husband doesn't want me to get my hopes up, though. That's what I do, you see. I get my hopes up and then, right at the last minute, just like Lucy and the football, whatever I'm hoping for gets ripped away from me.

If it weren't for bad luck, I wouldn't have any luck at all. I don't remember who said it first, but it seems appropriate for my life right now. My husband says it all the time, too. I believe in luck. I believe in fate. I believe in karma. I believe in destiny. I also believe that we are what we make of our given set of circumstances. We can mope around and let it all get to us. Let the world beat us down until we think we deserve it, or we can get back up with a smile on our faces and say, "Is that all you've got?" And move on.

I hope everything works out with both the job opportunity and the contracts. If it doesn't, though, then it wasn't meant to be and God has something better out there for me.

No comments: