I've changed somewhat over the past weeks. I have been much more fun. I've been going out and partying and having a great time! It's strange to think that I actually blocked all of these experiences out of my life for so long. It's as though I'd forgotten how much fun life could be outside the walls of my house.
So while I'm having all this fun, letting loose, being open to new experiences, and spending tons of quality time with my husband, maybe I'm becoming more at peace with my life and the changes I've made to my attitude. And when I'm at peace, I don't feel the need to expound upon all the lessons. Now, it gets harder to write.
As I ramble on here, I remember a very old Oprah Winfrey show on writers and writing. She gave an assignment to the audience that day to list 25 things they love besides their families. I think I'll make my list now and use it for my new inspiration. Better late than never.
Twenty-five things I love besides my family (who, of course, would top any list) in no particular order:
- Spending time alone with my husband
- My son's laugh
- Longhorn Football
- Baseball games
- My sweet dog
- The smell of freshly cut grass
- Playa del Carmen
- The beach
- Chocolate cake
- Hot tea
- The feeling when I get paid
- Driving with the windows down, singing at the top of my lungs to loud music
- Sitting outside on a warm spring day
- Going out and letting go of my inhibitions for a while
- Laying in bed with nothing to do and no obligations
- Being needed
- Watching my husband enjoy eating something I've cooked
- A clean house with no laundry and no dishes piled up
- Long bubble baths with a glass of wine and a good book
- Manicures, pedicures, and good massages