Tuesday, November 01, 2011

And So It Begins

I have not participated in NaBloPoMo in years. I think I'll try again this year. It'll definitely get me back to regular blogging and I think I'm more content when I spew out loads of words on a regular basis.

November 1st. Wow. There are two months left in this year that was to be so monumental. I look back at my list of resolutions from the first of this year, and I realize that I haven't made much of a dent. While I know it is never too late to start something, well, there is just something so daunting about it, too.

I think it's my "To-Do" list that I made for myself:


  • Clean out junk cabinet

  • Clean out junk drawer

  • Clean out closet under the stairs (otherwise known as the junk closet)

  • There is a theme here

  • Sort through my clothes

  • Purge unused toys and clothes from the house

  • Possibly participate in neighborhood garage sale this Saturday*

  • *But we have a wedding and a HUGE rivalry football game this Saturday, so that's probably a no-go

  • Set up 1x1s at work

  • Find a new job at work

  • Prep for Thanksgiving, Skiing, and Christmas

  • Oh and all the rest of the day-to-day routine that we call life up in here

I think that I ask a lot of myself and then stress out when it is too much to handle, rather than admit that I'm asking way too much and maybe I should slow it down and just enjoy the world around me for a bit.


Yeah. I think I need to do that.


But first, there are a ton of Halloween decorations that need to be taken down...

No comments: