Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Fall Fun


Yesterday, Dr Pop and Boy Pop climbed up into the attic and pulled down the boxes of Halloween decorations. Finally! We've been so wrapped up in the great redecorating/decorating/repurposing rooms fiasco that we let almost half of October pass us by without putting out a single smiling pumpkin!
There is something about October that puts me in a good mood. I can't quite put my finger on exactly what it is, though. It's most likely a compilation of many factors. I therefore present to you my "Why I Love Fall" list.
In no particular order...
  • I have finally accepted that summer is officially over.
  • The weather is starting to cool off.
  • We have survived the first month of school.
  • My annual melancholy over Boy Pop's birthday is abating.
  • (Read the archives if you want more detail about above)
  • It's nice enough outside to grill.
  • I love orange.
  • Halloween is right around the corner.
  • Since beach vacations are seemingly a long way off, I can bake treats without feeling too guilty.
  • Ditto for meals of a more fattening nature.
  • The crock pot gets used more.
  • The season of decorating has begun.
  • Fall baseball.
  • Football season.
  • Thanksgiving is right around the corner.
  • Ditto Christmas.
  • Pumpkin patch visits.
  • Sweaters.
  • Corduroy.
  • Etc.

There is just something so very right about Fall. It's always been one of my favorite times of year (Ditto Winter, Spring, and Summer). I love seasons and seasonal changes. And in honor of same, I've changed my template.

Happy Fall, y'all!

No comments: