There is something about October that puts me in a good mood. I can't quite put my finger on exactly what it is, though. It's most likely a compilation of many factors. I therefore present to you my "Why I Love Fall" list.
In no particular order...
- I have finally accepted that summer is officially over.
- The weather is starting to cool off.
- We have survived the first month of school.
- My annual melancholy over Boy Pop's birthday is abating.
- (Read the archives if you want more detail about above)
- It's nice enough outside to grill.
- I love orange.
- Halloween is right around the corner.
- Since beach vacations are seemingly a long way off, I can bake treats without feeling too guilty.
- Ditto for meals of a more fattening nature.
- The crock pot gets used more.
- The season of decorating has begun.
- Fall baseball.
- Football season.
- Thanksgiving is right around the corner.
- Ditto Christmas.
- Pumpkin patch visits.
There is just something so very right about Fall. It's always been one of my favorite times of year (Ditto Winter, Spring, and Summer). I love seasons and seasonal changes. And in honor of same, I've changed my template.
Happy Fall, y'all!