Thursday, January 28, 2010

Dates

I have a mind like a steel trap for certain things. I am really big on anniversary dates, for example. There are certain dates I doubt I’ll ever forget. On January 21, 2003 at approximately 12PM, for example, I saw the second pink line. On June 30, 2001, I plugged my phone number into Dr Pop’s cell phone and told him to call me sometime. Funny thing, on July 1, 2001, Dr Pop and I had our first date. I’m pretty good with birthdays and wedding anniversaries, too. There are other dates that will always have an impact on me as we pass them each year on the calendar for various reasons… Some dates are very difficult, but their impact has been softened by time (October 30, 1995 was the day I got the call that my dear Papa had passed away).

There are other things I can remember, too, like exactly where I was and what I was doing when the news reported JFK Jr’s death (ironically, I was getting ready to go get into a 2-seater Cessna).

It’s weird how I remember these things. Valentine’s Day 2004 stands out as a particularly cool day. We had a rare snow storm and at around 3AM, I got to witness the snow in its glistening, rosy-shaded, silent glory. I was up feeding Boy Pop, who had been sleeping through the night. Except for that night.

On February 27th, 2002, I came home from teaching, walked up the stairs, and was greeted by a fat little ball of fluff and fell in love with Harley St. Nicolas Boo (aka "Bubba") for the first time.

It’s hard for me to believe that I’ve been blogging for just about 5 years now. And for all that I am so good with dates and times and events, I cannot for the life of me remember the exact date I started blogging. I just know it was at the beginning of February and was after a particularly devastating event. I can remember the date of that event, but it was several days until I started my blog.

The reason I started my blog and continue to write (albeit sparingly these days), has not changed. I do use this as an outlet for my thoughts and feelings. It is also a written record of my life.

I need to blog more. I have a lot of “stuff” I’d like to regurgitate onto the screen. I really just need to find the time, I suppose.

Anyway, rambling done. Happy almost-bloggiversary to me.

No comments: