Monday, March 23, 2009

Please Stop!

Or at least, slow down!

I’m in the middle of a massive case of writers-block. I have tons of stories to tell, don’t get me wrong. Loads of updates and vacation photos to put up, too. I could talk about how Boy Pop got his Tiny Tiger’s orange belt this past Thursday and how very proud I am of him and the fact that this has been one of the best decisions we could have possibly made for him. Or I could talk about the fact that for the past month, Boy Pop has been working towards that belt with a cast on his foot. Or how we are now in official Little League t-ball. And what an eye-opener it has been for me.

I could go into detail about how busy work has been. But it really hasn’t been too bad and I’ve had lots of opportunities in the past week to put up a huge post, but I just sat and looked at blogger, paralyzed by my inability to express it all. I don’t know if I need to take a break or take it down. After four years of doing this, though, I cannot imagine ever stopping. I’m sure I’ll get back to normal soon.

I am registering Boy Pop for kindergarten next week. The thought makes me sad in a lot of ways. The days and weeks, months and years are passing by at such an alarming pace and I feel like I’m in the middle of a tornado, being swept up right along with it. He’s not my first or my last to go to school. He’s my ONLY. And it is going by too fast. Where is my pause button?

Last night, we went to the local carnival. We rode unsafe rides, ate junk food, laughed, screamed, and played. I documented the evening with my little camera and now I have even more pictures to post. But the best picture was on the little “Cobra” rollercoaster. Boy Pop and I were in the car in front of Dr Pop. As we whirled around the first turn, a camera took our picture. Of course, we paid the $7 they charged for a 4x6 print in a cardboard frame. I love this picture. It really captures the essence of my little boy. He has this incredible, real smile on his face. He’s gripping the bar, his hair is flying, and he looks like my baby.

It makes me want to laugh and cry all at the same time.

No comments: