Friday, September 12, 2008

What I'll Be Watching This Weekend

So, um, HI! In case you haven't heard, we're expecting a little ole weather event here in Texas tonight...


For the record, I live about 220 miles from where this behemoth is supposed to make landfall, but I do have family in the area. They are not in the evacuation area and are fine. They are expecting (per my grandmother) "a little wind and some rain."

Look at the state of Texas there on the map, then look at the satellite image of Mr. Ike. This is not a small storm.

So naturally, when something big happens 200 miles away, the people 'round here panic and do silly things. Stuff like raid the grocery stores and buy a year's supply of water and bread, invade gas stations so regular people can't find a parking spot to go in and grab her usual cup of coffee in the morning, Postpone football games, etc. You know. The usual.*

So while Dr, Boy, and I are holed up in our house, watching news coverage, firing up the grill, and NOT going to a football game, I need your help.

Does anyone have a good hurricane recipe?

I think we're going to need to get our drink on this weekend.

*I would like to take this moment to mention that I am not heartless or without compassion. My thoughts and prayers are with all of the evacuees and all those who chose to stay.** Godspeed and be safe.

**Although, if you were one of the MORONS who were told that if you stayed where you were, you'd fucking DIE and then chose to stay, I feel more pity than anything, since there is no cure for stupid.***

***But I still hope you are safe.

No comments: