Monday, June 02, 2008

Home Again

Well, we made it home safe and sound and ahead of Tropical Storm Arthur. I have so many stories from this trip to tell (missing our flight out of Austin, coming back to a dead car battery, and everything in between). But because I'm busy trying to catch up from the week I took off from work, I'll leave you all with just one for now...

On about our third day in Playa, Dr Pop decided to play some water volleyball. Since I'm not much on volleyball playing, I watched from the sidelines. For hours, they played. Hours. Naturally, some talking occurred. We got to know a large group of people, two of whom were getting married the following morning.

Turns out these two really nice folks from Georgia had come down by themselves to be married. The didn't bring any family or friends. And they invited us to be a part of their day.

We gladly accepted.



To Jason and Renee: It was a true pleasure meeting you both. We were honored to have been included in your special day. Congratulations and here's to a happily-ever-after!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Meh,

She's skinny, tan, has only one chin and prettier than I am.

She's not my friend.

But I hope she's happily married anyhow.