Friday, June 06, 2008

Friday Confession

Hey Sue, I'm back and ready to confess!

Ever since my son was born, we've had a maid come either every week or every other week, with only a few exceptions. Back in January, my maid left to go to work for one of those cleaning services. I decided that I'd save the money each week and just go ahead and clean the house myself.

I did a really good job of it, if I do say so myself, especially when you consider the fact that I do have a full-time job and a full-time four year old. I scrubbed, I mopped, I dusted, I vacuumed. Each week. Mostly.

Two days before we left for our vacation, I decided that it was of upmost importance that we come home to a clean house, so I spent a lot of time after work cleaning the place.

We came home last weekend and I have not cleaned since.

This past Wednesday, Dr Pop and I discussed hiring someone again. I'd been reluctant because it is really hard to find someone who is good AND is honest and won't steal from us. After all, I'd had a maid steal cash from my son's piggy bank.

I bit the bullet and called up the maid who left in January to ask for her help. Mainly, I wanted her to recommend someone. Well, she offered herself up.

I want to be able to do it all and not spend the cash to do something I should be able to do. But I have limits and I've hit the proverbial wall.

She starts Monday.

I could not be happier.

No comments: