Monday, April 14, 2008


So, I think we can all agree (especially if you've been reading my blog for the past two or three weeks) that it's been a rough time in the ole Pop household...

I even lamented that it was time for Karma to give me a break already!

Well, she did.

But let me backtrack for a few to tell you how she did it...

Friday night, Dr Pop came back home. It was such an immense relief to have him back and Bonus! He got on the road hours before he was supposed to head home. But he was utterly exhausted from work.

After Boy Pop had dinner, he and his Daddy laid in bed and watched a movie together, leaving me to my own devices. Devices that included having the living room to myself and watching lots of What Not To Wear on TLC.

We all stayed up too late, then woke up too early on Saturday morning. I was the first up, because I wanted to be prepared for my parents, who were coming by to pick up Boy Pop for a much-needed weekend with them and his Mema. No one can spoil a kiddo like those three and that is exactly what he needed this weekend!

Once they left, I headed out the door to get my roots touched up (you surely didn't think this color was natural did you???). I got to my appointment, went to the bathroom, and out of nowhere started crying. I suppose it was just the utter release of all the tension, stress, and emotion I'd been holding in for so many days. Anyway, I texted Dr Pop to tell him about it.

When we got home, we decided to see if there was anything new at Neiman's. [side note: I love this man!] We got there, looked around, and headed over to the jewelry counter. I'd been looking at cool blue topaz rings for a while, and have been wanting a big, chunky ring for my right hand for I don't know how long. Anyway, I tried a few on, found one I adored, but I put it back because I didn't think we should spend the money on something so frivolous. Then we left the store and headed to lunch.

We sat at the outside bar of Shady Grove to take advantage of the fabulous springtime weather and ordered food. Then I started talking about the ring... You know, I don't need a ring like that. I have a blue topaz ring that I like and it is just silly to want another one. Blah blah blah, blather blather blather. That's when Dr Pop looked at me and said, "If it had been a snake, it would have bitten you."

I looked down at the bar and there was a box from the store. Inside was this:

The picture is fuzzy, but you get the idea. I was totally overwhelmed and even teared up again. This was my "prize" for being so strong all last week.

I know I'm totally bragging here, but isn't he the best?!?! Just when I think I have him all figured out, he goes and does something completely out of the blue and catches me off guard. He's just too damned sweet!

Today, our boy comes home and life resumes back to normal. Just as long as "normal" doesn't mean we revert to the bad stuff, that will be just FINE with me!


emily said...


zuzula said...

ooh that's so gorgeous! well done Dr Pop ;)

by the way I was in Shady Grove myself a couple of months ago.... small world!