Monday, December 17, 2007

All I Wanna Do Is Zoomazoom Zoom and a Boom Boom!*


Mmm... Nice fried ends and dark roots...
I'm getting used to my new, shorter cut. Truly I am. But I forget sometimes that four inches are gone when I try to pull it back into a pony tail.
Speaking of haircuts, my child is *this* far away from looking like a hippy with his long hair. Time for a haircut for him.
What a weekend, y'all! Whew!
I've been pretty much put out of commission with blasted allergy crap for the past week. I feel horrible, can't breathe, have a pea-sized ulcer on my throat, cough like I'm dying, have a stomach ache, and can barely talk. But I'm on the mend. My weekend activities certainly did not help. Nor did the high winds that blasted us on Saturday. Oh, and we cannot forget the schitzophrenic weather over the past week or so... 80 to 40 to 70 to 35 to 75 to 32 to dry to wet to misty to foggy to dry and windy...
Friday night, Dr Pop's mom and dad kept Boy Pop so that we could go to a Christmas Party. It was a lot of fun, but I drank too much and stayed up way too late. I also lost twice at arm wrestling. Damn, these girls take that stuff seriously. I need to train for the next gathering.
I was completely worthless on Saturday. I wasn't hungover, but my allergies were kicking my ass. I finally got some good meds, though, so I feel as though I'm on the mend. The Pop family was pretty darn lazy all day, though.
Then yesterday, one of my best friends and I took a road trip to Gruene to have lunch and shop and just putter around a cute little town. It's something we've been doing for years now. Somehow, our little excursion for a bit of shopping and lunch took over 7 hours!!! And all I have to show for it is a bell and a candle. Dr Pop think's we're nuts. But we listened to old-skool rap music and satellite radio and had a blast just catching up. It's so hard to keep track of what's going on with each other when we both have our own lives and families and live so far apart!
***In other news, Emily sent me a gift! Well, it was more of a goodie bag, really, back from the little gift game we played back at the end of October. ***
I'm not very good at properly posing pictures of "stuff" so I'll just tell you what was there:
A gorgeous jingle bell Christmas ornament for my tree that Boy Pop promptly stole from me (he took it to hang it on the tree, so he's forgiven).
A copy of Disapproving Rabbits, which I haven't been able to put down.
An adorable bath fizzy thing that I'm saving for a moment when I'll have the time to take a bath and not a shower.
And my very, very, very favorite item of all... A hip-hop party starter mix CD! I haven't listened to much else since Friday. Lovin' it.
Thanks Emily!!!
*Gotta love it! Rumpshaker, Jump Around, My Prerogative, Bust a Move, Wild Thang... Emily knows her rap. ;-)

No comments: