Monday, November 12, 2007

Stuff

Holy Crap I'm sore! Day two is always so much worse than day one and I totally forgot. Poor me!

Last night, Dr Pop and I ventured into brand new territory as an old married couple. I've got to admit, it's a little bit scary. But it was also exciting... We were in bed and asleep before the end of the Sunday night football game! Dr Pop laid down before me to read at about 9:30, so I took the opportunity to pull some clothes out of the dryer and give myself a L'Oreal glycolic peel before getting into bed. By my calculations, we had the TV off by 10:30. I had a little help from my good friend, Ambien, in my effort to fall asleep, and ended up getting a full eight hours.

Yesterday, I held by my goal of cleaning out all of my makeup over the weekend and ended up throwing away a huge amount of old makeup and rediscovering some of my favorite products. Today I plan to do the same for my toiletries... Shelf upon shelf in my linen closet is crammed with crap that needs to be either used or trashed.

Also this weekend, I went through our coat closet and pulled out 7 of Boy Pop's jackets from past years. I washed them all and have them ready to donate to Coats for Kids on Thursday of this week. I still need to do a run through of his closet upstairs, but I think I have all of them.

It's amazing how cathartic writing is. I feel so much better after writing my diatribe on Saturday morning... Once I read it back to myself, I realized what a little whiney baby I was being and how I was choosing to walk around miserable. I'm a firm believer in the power of choice and that we choose not only the way we react to things, but also we choose what life it is we want to live. I've been choosing to "endure" things rather than to "enjoy" them. That is so uncool. I need to re-read "Don't Sweat the Small Stuff" again.

And this week is a short week... Starting Friday, I'm off work for ten whole days! Whoo-hoo! I'm extremely gratful for that little stat.

No comments: