I've been tagged by the Lovely Miss Violet, so with out further ado, here are 7 things you may or may not know about me...
1) I am an extremely emotional person and wear each emotion on my face. You will always know if I’m happy, sad, pissed off, upset, frustrated, etc.
2) I listen to Dr. Laura every chance I get and go to her site quite regularly to read the letters from her listeners and her blog. I don’t agree 100% with everything she preaches, but I appreciate her directness, bluntness, and her encouragement for everyone to “Do the Right Thing.”
3) I was a ballerina for 13 years, performing for six of those years in key roles in The Nutcracker when I was in middle and high school. I miss the regimen of my classes (I took classes for two hours a day, five days a week in high school), but I am in MUCH better shape, physically, now, 16 years and 1 child later.
4) I hold grudges and really do not like being betrayed. And if you are one of the two people I profess to hate, well, I still hope karma catches up to you and you get the miserable lives you deserve in the end. (See? Grudge-holder. Ugh! But it takes a lot to get on the hate list, as evidenced by only two members in 33 years!)
5) I have very strong religious beliefs and pray every night, giving thanks for my blessings and asking for guidance and peace with various things that I have a difficult time dealing with (such as #4). I no longer attend church, but will be starting back again soon so that my son can learn all of the good Sunday School stories.
6) I get frustrated very easily, both when I cannot figure something out and also when I cannot get someone to understand what I’m saying. That made teaching middle school difficult at times. It also makes parenting a challenge. I work on it every day.
7) I talk a big game, but in the end, I prefer to keep the peace. I do not like to disappoint anyone.
Now, who to tag? Hmm... Anyone who wants to do it... :) But I'd like to see Miss Pitter, Janna, and Emily do it. :)