Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Current Soundtrack and Dedications

There are a few songs out there that when I hear them, my mind settles on a particular person, place, or thing... So without further ado, here are my current "love songs and dedications":

To my husband:

World in my Eyes by Depeche Mode

Let me put you on a ship
On a long, long trip
Your lips close to my lips
All the islands in the ocean
All the heavens in the motion
Let me show you the world in my eyes

That's all there is
Nothing more than you can touch now
That's all there is

Let me show you the world in my eyes

AND

The Reason by Hoobastank

I'm not a perfect person
There's many things I wish I didn't do
But I continue learning
I never meant to do those things to you
And so I have to say before I go
That I just want you to know
I've found a reason for me
To change who I used to be
A reason to start over new
and the reason is you

To my favorite vacation spot:

Mexican Radio by Wall of Voodoo, Vallejo, and others

I wish I was in Tijuana
Eating barbequed iguana
I'd take requests on the telephone
I'm on a wavelength far from home
I feel a hot wind on my shoulder
I dial it in from south of the border
I hear the talking of the DJ
Can't understand just what does he say?

To the stuck up moms at the pool:

This is why I’m hot by Mims

I'm hot cuz im fly,
You ain't cuz you not,
This is why (this is why)
This is why Im hot I
'm hot cuz im fly,
You hate cuz you not (M.I.M.S.!)
This is why (this is why)
This is why I'm hot.

To my son:

I'll Be There by The Jackson 5

You and I must make a pact,
we must bring salvation back
Where there is love,
I'll be there

I'll reach out my hand to you,
I'll have faith in all you do
Just call my name and I'll be there

To my girlfriends:

Dancing Queen by Abba

You can dance, you can jive, having the time of your life
Ooo.. see that girl, watch that scene, diggin the Dancing Queen

Friday night and the lights are low
Looking out for the place to go
Where they play the right music, getting in the swing
You come in to look for a king
Anybody could be that guy
Night is young and the music's high
With a bit of rock music, everything is fine
You're in the mood for a dance
And when you get the chance

You are the Dancing Queen, young and sweet, only seventeen
Dancing Queen, feel the beat from the tambourine oh yeah
You can dance, you can jive, having the time of your life
Ooo see that girl, watch that scene, diggin the Dancing Queen

To an acquaintance of mine:

Puke by Eminem

You don't know how sick you make me,
You make me fuckin' sick to my stomach,
Everytime I think of you I [puke].
You must just not know, uo-uo-uo-uo-uo-uoh,
You may not think you do but you do,
Everytime I think of you I [puke].

To my running shoes:

Rockstar by Nickelback

Cause we all just wanna be big rockstars
Livin in hill top houses
Drivin fifteen cars
The girls come easy
And the drugs come cheap
We'll all stay skinny
Cuz we just won't eat
And we'll hangout at the coolest bars
In the VIP with the movie stars
Every good gold diggers
Gonna wind up there
Every Playboy Bunny
With their bleach blond hair

No comments: