Monday, April 30, 2007

Random Ramblings*

This will be quite a crazy week at work… It’s the last one of the quarter, so everybody’s gone insane.

I think one of my friends is pissed off at me, but I don’t know for sure. I hope she was surprised on Friday. I wish we could have been there, but we had another commitment that we’d said yes to about a month and a half ago.

Our second-annual fight night blow out is the same night as another friend’s bachelorette party. The day the fight was announced (six, seven months ago?), Dr Pop and I started planning. Unfortunately, the friend chose that weekend for her party out of town, too. I simply cannot make it to both and I have to be the hostess at my own house. We’re laid back at the Pop Casa, and certain folks have open invitations… But if we know that there is no way in hell you’d say yes, we’re not going to send out a formal invite. Why make you go through the trouble of saying no?

Why do I always feel the need to go overboard to explain myself? I want everybody to be happy and that is typically impossible to do. I always have good intentions, though, and people who really know me, know this much about me.

My knees got sunburned yesterday while at the local triple-A baseball game. I forgot how much fun those games are! Boy Pop even got a baseball thrown to him. We had a great time on the hottest day of the year. And then we all crashed.

I got a pretty new phone. It is gold. And girly.

I hope I get a pretty new job really soon. We’ll see…

Seriously? Is there any better product than Smith’s Rosebud Salve? If there is, I want to know about it, because it must be amazing!

I need a maid. In the worst way. Dr Pop and I cannot continue to keep up with our dirt.

Oh, and I went on a total junk food bender starting Friday. I ate hot pockets and hot dogs and nachos and questionable melted cheese product and cotton candy and cracker jacks and popcorn and more hot dogs and pizza and wine and sausage and hash browns and biscuits... And I didn’t work out even a tiny bit! I’m back on the wagon today.

25 days left until I’m on my way to the beach!

I wish people would really get over themselves… Maybe I should lead by example here and get over myself first. ;-)

Did designers get hit with ugly inspiration this season? Poufy sleeves, empire waist dresses, clunky shoes, high-waisted pants... I'm finally getting a shape I want to show off and all the clothes that are "in" this season are destined to cover me up. And not in a flattering way. Actually, I cannot image most of those styles being flattering on anyone.

*With apologies to a certain someone who used to have a blog by that name. :)

No comments: