Monday, December 04, 2006

Miracle on 34th Street *The Original!

I know that it is ever-so-popular to remake classic movies, adding a current twist, but really, I cannot stand when that happens. It seems to me that the new one ends up not doing any justice to its predescessor.


Macy's vs. Gimbles
Maureen O'Hara
Natalie Wood
C'mon! Did anyone really think that this could be improved upon?
Fred Gailey: Faith is believing when common sense tells you not to. Don't you see? It's not just Kris that's on trial, it's everything he stands for. It's kindness and joy and love and all the other intangibles.
Kris Kringle: Oh, Christmas isn't just a day, it's a frame of mind... and that's what's been changing. That's why I'm glad I'm here, maybe I can do something about it.
Doris Walker: I was wrong when I told you that, Susie. You must believe in Mr. Kringle and keep right on doing it. You must have faith in him.
Susan: I believe... I believe...It's silly, but I believe.
Seeing this movie during the holiday season is as necessary to me as drinking hot chocolate, having a fire, and making bows for my Christmas gifts.
I believe, too...

No comments: