Friday, November 03, 2006

Why Blog?

This is actually a serious question.

I've visited my fair share of blogs and for the most part, they are simply journals, just like mine. This is my place to write about how I feel, post gratuitous photos of my kid and my family, be a little narcissitic, complain a little, and boast a little. That's just the way it is. If I was writing this by hand into a notebook, I'd pretty much write the same things.

If you had said to me three or so years ago that I'd have a website (hey, it's free and it's not that great, but it's still MINE), I'd have said, "Yeah, right." But here I am, I've put up over 200 posts on this one alone (not including drafts), and have started another one, too. That's a lot of writing for someone who mainly just TALKS about writing!

Somehow, this whole blog thing has become social, too. That's pretty darn cool as there are folks all over the world that I've connected with. I don't know them, they don't know me, but there's some sort of kinship in that. Without this blog, I wouldn't have been able to take a peek at others' lives. Plus, I get to put in little notes to my husband every now and then, and that's fun.

So thanks, blogger, for being here. It's a pretty cool little world.

Why do the rest of you blog? For yourself? For your friends? For family? For money? For the hell of it?

No comments: