Thursday, November 02, 2006

NaBloPoMo! 11-2-06 -- You Gotta Have Faith! (alternate title: For My 200th post...)

Day Two.

I did the math for NaNoWriMo, and I have to write approximately 1667 words each day for thirty days to fulfill my commitment to that project of 50,000 words. Considering that the most comprehensive writing I have done is the work I’ve done here, and also considering the fact that I’ve done nothing but talk about wanting to be a writer instead of actually sitting down and doing it, Dr Pop is a bit skeptical. And really, who can blame him?

I think his words to me were, “You’ll be lucky to do a page and a half much less 175” or something to that effect. So for the next 30 days, I’m here to prove him wrong. Wrong, wrong, WRONG people! We have a little wager running on whether or not I can do this. If I win, I get the watch I’ve been drooling over for just about forever. If he wins, he gets some ridiculously overpriced GPS system. I really want to win. So much so that I wrote over 1800 words yesterday. Not a bad start if I do say so myself! And as the website says, it doesn't have to be good. They're all about quantity and not quality over there (www.nanowrimo.org) and I'm all about THAT.

In other news, I’ve reconnected with two friends from the past who I haven’t seen or spoken to in years! I’m more than excited about it! I really hate losing touch with folks, but it always seems that between life, distance, and time, sometimes good friends get pushed out. I mean, I hardly spend time with ANYONE these days who doesn’t either live in my neighborhood or is related to me in some way. I think that is just plain sad, too which is why I’m doubly-glad that I’ve reconnected with these ladies.

And now for a public service announcement…

Early voting ends tomorrow. If you’re planning on voting, might as well get it out of the way. If you’re not planning on voting, well, SHAME ON YOU!

Happy Writing!

**Edit: So, the terms of my bet with Dr Pop were never solidified or officially agreed upon, so there is no bet. I'm going to write the novel anyway. :)

No comments: