Wednesday, November 15, 2006

NOT winning parents of the year...

Yes. I admit it. Dr Pop and I curse in front of the little one. It's a habit that is so hard to break, but we always remind ourselves to do so when things happen like this:

The three of us piled into the car yesterday evening to head to the grocery store. The trip was mostly uneventful until we turned onto our street. There was a truck in front of us that seemed sort of lost (going slow, almost stopping as it approached side streets, etc.). We were all ready to be home and Dr Pop, voicing his frustrations, said, "Move out of the way!" and then caught himself about to curse.

Ever the sponge, Little Pop picked up where Dr Pop left off... "MOVE OUT OF THE WAY, FUCKER! MOVE IT STUPID FUCKER!"

Hindsight being what it is, I suppose that laughing was the inappropriate response.

5 comments:

you da mom! said...

LOL, is "little pop" your kid? that is too funny! i would have laughed, too! it probably IS wrong, but it's also pretty irresistible.

you da mom! said...

hey, i have a llama, too!

katie said...

LOL! I laugh every time. Oh, well...

Anonymous said...

I'm trying to visit as many of the NaBloPoMo blogs as I can and I thought I'd say hi, I liked your blog.. :) Absolutely not, I think laughing is the best thing to do on an occasion like this. I'm Australian so we have a different attitude to the swearing, it's fairly normal over here.. ;) hehe

From an early age I taught my nephew to let people know "We don't use those words" - kind of as a reminder, because often I or other family members would forget. So one day we're out driving with my parents and my Dad starts swearing at this slow car in front of us, and from the back seat you hear "Papa! We don't use those words, Papa!" I laughed till I cried.. :)

Mrs Pop said...

you da mom: Yes, Little Pop is my kid. It really is too cute to hear those horrible words from such a cute little mouth.

I love my llama.

katie: I'm glad to know I'm not the only one.

snoskred: Thanks for the good words. :) My work blocks the fussy site, so I don't have much of an opportunity to check out the page very frequently. I love your story, though. That is too funny!