Friday, September 08, 2006

Back. Tommy Lee. Exhausted. Pink Eye.

So, we got back to our house from fabulous Las Vegas, Nevada at around 5AM Tuesday morning. As a quick little side note, why is it that we didn’t notice how extremely CRAPPY the airport there was until we got there to go home? We were still on "Vegas" time when we got home, so much so that we didn’t actually go to bed until 7AM. That’s right. Seven in the A. M. What were we thinking??? It’s Friday afternoon and I’m still not recovered fully!

This trip kicked ass! On Friday night, we decided to go up to Ghost Bar to catch the view and hang out. And who should be there as a guest DJ? Tommy f-ing Lee! Oh hell yes! And he was high as a kite. And he tried to pour Jaegermeister down poor little girls’ throats. I wish he’d tried to give me a shot, but alas, I’m not 18 anymore, so naturally hold zero attraction. ;-) It was still fun.

We gambled. We stayed up until 4, 5, 6 AM, we spent LOTS of time in the Sports Book, betting on college football games. As a matter of fact, we should have ONLY gambled inside the sports book as that was where we did best (read here: quit while we were up and didn’t end up blowing our lead).

I was surprised that we didn’t go "out" more if only because I had expected that we would be out every night. Didn’t happen, but I’m not disappointed. I mean seriously, why spend $100 just to GET IN THE DOOR and then pay $5 a beer when you can just throw down $100 on a craps table and not have to pay for the beer? It was a no-brainer.

So my parents brought Little Pop home on Tuesday at around 2PM. They brought him home with pink eye. He’s all better and I got to stay home on Thursday to take care of him. I was able to catch up on my sleep. :-)

And now I'll insert my gratuitous Tommy Lee photo.

No comments: