Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Not much to say lately

One of these days, I’m going to stray from my typical format of paragraph upon paragraph of unrelated random thoughts. I’m sad to report that today is not that day.

I’ve been insanely busy with my family, potty training, work and working out… In that order… Somehow, I’ve managed to find the time to work out and after four days in a row of Turbo Jamming it, I took yesterday off. Some may laugh at my enthusiasm for an infomercial and to you I say, “Don’t knock it till you try it!” The definition in my shoulders, thighs, arms, and abs is unreal, especially when you consider I haven’t been doing it for all that long. I swear that those people need to hire me for their advertising! I think I’ve sent them at least 20 customers since March!

On the potty front, Little Pop is doing a GREAT job! Very few accidents to report. I’m extremely proud of how well he’s doing.

Work has been pretty crazy the past couple of days, what with major technical issues happening. The good news is that my customers are extremely happy with the way we’ve handled everything and have sent notes to my manager singing my praises. Not bad for a week and a half on the account set! I never used to get positive messages from my customers, so each one I get is a huge deal to me. On a slightly more depressing note, I just got my new quota and it is the 2nd highest I’ve ever had through either of my tenures with this company. Ugh! Oh well. I’ll hit it. I’m not here to NOT earn a decent living!

Dr Pop is busy plugging away at his job. He ran his first solo meeting today and according to him, it went amazingly well. I’m so proud of how he’s stepped up in his new position with a new company. He’s just such a hard worker and an excellent provider. I can’t sing his praises enough!

My favorite sandals of all time have finally started to fall apart. You can’t really tell unless you look closely, but it is time to retire the black, high-heeled, strappy, snake-skin sandals. This is indeed a sad day. These are my “feel really good” shoes. Honey, can I borrow some cash to buy new ones? Pretty please? You get paid a lot more than me! ;-)

I think I do want to find a dance or workout class of some sort to vary my routine. Maybe once a week… I’m thinking I’d like to try yoga, but I really don’t want to join a gym. Nor do I want to drive for miles and miles to get somewhere. I’m out on the whole ballet thing… The only place I’d even consider at this point is Ballet Austin, and well, that’s a good hour from my house in mid to heavy traffic. Calculating the travel time and class time, one class would take a minimum of 3 and a half ours out of my time with my family. Unh uh. I’ve done the Pilates thing with a personal trainer, so the videos and Pilates classes are pretty much out for me, too. I just need something that is done preferably on Saturday mornings and doesn’t judge me on my lack of flexibility. Any ideas?

Hmm. Maybe I did have some random little things to say today after all. Who knew?

No comments: