Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Thankful

I don’t particularly care that Thanksgiving was a week ago, I can pick anytime I want to count my blessings thankyouverymuch! ;-)

So the past week has been mildly stressful, what with family coming to town, a meal to cook, edge-of-my-seat football games to watch, a house to clean, decorations to put up, etc. In fact, instead of simply enjoying the time, I have spent most of the past week angry and resentful. I don’t even know why I have been feeling that way, but I snapped out of it last night. Thank goodness! I don’t enjoy that feeling whatsoever, but sometimes I sink down into it and just have to claw my way out.

I think today I will write my list of what I’m thankful for (and I’m even thankful for the things that piss me off):

  • I am thankful for the constant, never-ending, pile of dirty little jeans, socks, shirts, and jammies, because they mean that my little booble is with me and is an active, healthy child
  • I am thankful for the trash in my house because it means I have more than I need and…


Okay, fuck it, I am so NOT GRATEFUL FOR TRASH!!!!

  • I am thankful for my health and the health of my family
  • I am thankful for the roof over our heads, the clothes on our backs, and the food in our stomachs
  • I am thankful for my husband and child
  • I am thankful to have such a wonderful family
  • I am thankful that Texas beat A&M on Friday
  • I am thankful that I have friends who would be there for me in an instant if I needed them
  • I am thankful to no longer be depressed
  • I am thankful that I have a job to come to every day
  • I am thankful that my son loves going to "school" and enjoys his time and his friends there
  • I am thankful that we purchased "Madagascar" on Saturday. Little Booble just loves it and asks for it all the time. "Play Adamascar, Mommy!"
  • I am thankful that we are able to go skiing this year (my first time in 10 years!)
  • I am thankful for my dog and my cat

I have so many reasons to be grateful and happy. I love the holiday season and can’t wait to watch Rudolph tonight. So what if my decorations aren’t complete? At least we’ve started! So what if my kitchen isn’t spotless? At least it’s there. So what if the laundry room looks like a bomb was set off in it? At least we have clothes. I want to enjoy my family and my life and the holidays and not stress about perfection that no one cares about but me.


Happy belated Thanksgiving! Here’s to a wonderful Holiday Season from my family to yours…



No comments: