Wednesday, November 09, 2005

A Collection of Completely Random Thoughts

I am without a doubt, completely, totally, irrevocably, one hundred percent in love with my husband!

I have been reading Dooce’s archives and her description of the pit of hell that was post-partum depression, thinking all the while, "Why why WHY couldn’t I have read this two years ago???" Her descriptions of the turmoil and depression almost perfectly mirror my entire first year of motherhood. If I’d had that before, I could have pointed to it and said, "Read this. THIS is EXACTLY how I feel minus the breastfeeding stuff."

My child is actually dreaming and waking up talking about his dreams in the morning. Yesterday morning, he looked at me and said, "The white dump truck is here, Mommy."

Last night, my husband sleep-talked. He actually pushed up on his arms (he is a stomach-sleeper), and said, "Joey joey joey joey! Where’s Joey!" Then he turned, grabbed my arm, patted my hair, and flopped back down, sound asleep.

Gossip is evil. More evil, possibly, than terrorism.

There are some days when I just do not want to work and resent these people who keep calling and emailing me asking for things and wanting problems solved. Then I remember what my days were like before I went back to work. And I get back to business, lest I somehow manage to lose said job and have to go back to the pre-employment life of complete isolation and that would be just awful.

I’m so ready for a vacation!

It took me two hours to fall asleep last night. What a disaster!

Dealing with unmedicated ADD people is enough to give me a headache.

My head is totally pounding right now and I need medicine that is a little bit stronger than the super-strength Tylenol I took a little while ago.

No comments: