Rules for Living:
- Never, ever cut in line. **Exception to this rule is if by cutting in line, you will avoid certain death/dismemberment/kidnapping/horrible tragedy.
- ALWAYS return the shopping cart to either the cart return or store. Walking those extra few steps won’t kill you, I promise!
- Don’t bathe yourself in perfume, cheap or expensive.
- Regret nothing… Call it the "butterfly effect" or whatever, but at any given time, in any set of circumstances, we make what we believe to be the right decision at the time. Most of our decisions are made subconciously and we are only aware of them after the fact. If it turns out that the decision you made was a fuck up, then you learn from it and the experience in turn shapes who you will be from that point forward, influencing other decisions down the road. Or, to quote Rent, "Forget regret or life is yours to miss!" Focusing on the past only serves to deplete your enjoyment of the present and future.
- If you hurt someone (intntionally or unintentionally), there are only three things you can do: Apologize, do what you can to make amends, move on.
- Treat others the way you want to be treated, no matter HOW hard it may be.
- If an opportunity presents itself for you to act like a kid again (i.e. playing in the snow, getting into a wrestling/tickle match with your significant other, color with crayons, decorating cookies, running around with your mate, kid, and dog, chasing frisbees), do it EVERY time!
- Don’t panic.
- Try to find the humor in every situation.
- Don’t put on airs of importance/being better or more intellectual than you really are. If someone isn’t impressed by the REAL you, then their opinion of you is worthless.
- Don’t cheat (on taxes, on tests, on significant others, etc.).
- It is OKAY to eat dessert.
- Smile more.
- Do what you HAVE to do, so that you can do what you WANT to do (thanks for writing that in my yearbook in my jr. year, Colin!).