Friday, June 10, 2005

Life

Yesterday was a bad day for me... I was over-emotional and near tears most of the time from the moment I woke up until the moment I fell asleep. I can't quite explain why I was so "off" but it seems that when those days happen, nothing tends to go right. Just a multitude of little things going wrong instead. And once those little things add up, I find myself starting to cry because Eat-out-in got my order wrong again. It wasn't a big deal, but that on top of all the other little tiny things just about made me lose it. My husband thought I'd lost my mind yesterday. He was somewhat right.

So today, I log onto my computer and pull up excite.com. I scrolled down to read my horoscope, daily fortune, quote of the day, and my two favorite comic strips. The quote below is today's quote and it really speaks to me.

Life is an opportunity, benefit from it.
Life is a beauty, admire it.
Life is a dream, realize it.
Life is a challenge, meet it.
Life is a duty, complete it.
Life is a game, play it.
Life is a promise, fulfill it.
Life is sorrow, overcome it.
Life is a song, sing it.
Life is a struggle, accept it.
Life is a tragedy, confront it.
Life is an adventure, dare it.
Life is luck, make it.
Life is life, fight for it!

- Mother Teresa

I need to remember to appreciate the best of each and every day. There are so many little things to be thankful for. I need to focus on those and not dwell on the things that go badly or not my way. In other words, stop being such a brat and let the little daily problems roll off my back and not build up into a potential boiling-over point. So that's my new goal.

No comments: