Friday, November 08, 2013

On a Roll!

Wow! Today is my 8th day in a row of blogging! I have not done that in years. I'm very proud of myself.
I really enjoy taking a few moments to write a little something each day. To write more than a status update. To really take the time out to get some thoughts down.
For the past, oh I don't know, (two? three?) several years, my mother has paid for a subscription to this little bi-monthly magazine called The Upper Room. It is a book of daily devotionals, each with a Bible Verse and a story to go along with it. The stories are written by people from all over the world. Until September of this year, I would get that delivery in the mail, set it aside with good intentions, and end up recycling it, along with others that I'd found, completely ignored and unopened.
I actually started opening it up this past Sepetember and reading the daily devotionals. I didn't make it all the way through the first one. And how sad is that? I didn't have time to read a 4"x3" page with an uplifiting and inspiring message? That is just twisted.
I am proud to say that I am up to date with my November readings. It is so good to just take 2 minutes and read something that has the power to turn a day in the right direction. To be thankful for this life I've carved out. To rejoice in the fact that I am sitting here, at this computer. To give thanks for simply waking up. For my family. For the wonderful selection of friends I have. For The One who blessed me with this life.
As a pastor friend of mine writes at the end of every Facebook post... Be Blessed. Today and every day.
Happy Friday!

No comments: