Friday, October 02, 2009

Time to Get Crackin'

There are three months left in 2009. That's it. Is it just me or has 2009 sped on by without so much as stopping to say hello?

With the arrival of what is my favorite time of year, also comes the weight on my shoulders of all the junk and clutter we have all over the place. Maybe it's a sign of the times in which we live, but we have a ton of stuff. All over the place.

My son has too many toys spread over too many places. I have 40 white t-shirts. Or is it 41? Clothes that have not been worn in 6 years sit in closets, being rotated by season. Pictures sit in bins and baskets, waiting to be lovingly placed in photo albums. Pictures sit on memory cards, waiting to be downloaded, uploaded, and saved to CD.

There are Halloween decorations to take down from the attic, costumes to buy, fall recipes to try.

And perhaps the best part? It actually FEELS like Fall! We are having mild weather, welcome rainfall, cool fronts, crisp mornings. It is awesome! I love seasons. And Fall to me has always been about home.

Being at home.
Cooking for my family.
Lighting a fire.
Comfy blankets on the couch.
Cold sheets.
Warm toes.
Football.
Firing up the grill.
Decorating the house.
Shopping.
Wearing corduroy.
Boots.
Laughter.
Playing outside.
Clearing the clutter.

So welcome to Texas, Fall! I hope you decide to stay a while. At least long enough for me to clean out my house!

No comments: