Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Busy Busy Busy

Well, it was another banner weekend in the ole Pop household. My parents were here and whisked Boy Pop off to my brother's house in town for a couple of nights and Dr Pop and I were left to our own devices. And we actually went o.u.t! Not too far away, but we got out of the house, just the two of us, and hung out and drank some beer and ate a little food and it was so much fun!

Later, we stopped by the grocery store to pick up the ingredients for my homemade Bloody Mary mix. That was our contribution to the tailgate the following morning at "oh holy hell who set this game time" o'clock! In other words, we got up at 7:30. After a night out without the boy.

Then we kicked Baylor's ass. By "we" I mean "Texas." Yes, we beat the "Lord's Team" on Saturday. With the game pretty much in hand, we left in the 4th quarter to haul ass up to Boy Pop's t-ball game. We made it just in time for Boy Pop's first at bat and he knocked the stuffing out of that ball! My kid can swing a bat!

Post game, we went home and Boy Pop went with his grandparents again. And when we got home, we discovered that we needed to replace two of my living room chairs. Like, immediately. I won't go into detail except to say, "Fucking cat!" Anyway. We did a quick search and I went to a local store, only to come home empty handed. And then it was time to clean up as we had people coming over.

Sunday, we met my parents and Boy Pop for lunch, then spent TWO HOURS at the ski store, getting ourselves outfitted for an upcoming ski trip. Since we had not been in three years, and literally ALL of my ski clothes were old and horrible, we had a lot to get. Two. Hours.

And then it was time to relax! Finally! We said goodbye to my folks and Boy, Dr, and I went home. Whew!

No comments: