Friday, September 19, 2008

My Love List

Mrs. Binary Blonde put one of these up, and I thought it was a beautiful idea! It is so easy to focus on all the things that are wrong and all the things I don't love. I rarely give much thought to the blessings in life. Of course I love my husband, son, family, and friends, and I believe that the rule is that we cannot include them specifically. With that in mind, I've got them covered in the "Duh! Of course I love them!" category. So here we go and in no particular order...

I love...

Sitting on my deck with a glass of wine, a gentle breeze, good company, with laughter as my background noise. The way my husband smells after he grills us dinner. The laughter of my child and watching my dog play fetch.

I love...

Baking a cake (or a pie, or bread, or cookies) and planning and executing a new recipe for dinner. Reading cookbooks. Trying new things and new tools. The warm feeling in my heart after my son and I complete a craft project together. Walking with my family, all of us holding hands. The park and the pool. Sharing the blanket while watching TV. The knee squeezes I pretend to not like. When all the toys are put away by someone other than me.

I love...

Temporarty tattoos that won't wash away. The smell in the air after the grass has been mowed. The smell of freshly cut wood. The first cool day of the fall and the first warm day of spring. Football season and tailgate parties. Fall festivities. The darkness before a rainstorm. A full moon. Cuddling.

I love...

Watching reality television and reading trashy novels. Blogging and Facebook. Twitter. My iPhone. And turning all of them off.

I love...

Warm yellow cake with milk chocolate frosting. Fresh berries and watermelon. Mr. Gattis Sampler Pizza. Homemade hot chocolate with jumbo marshmallows. Hot tea. Hotter coffee. Making white chocolate lattes for me and my husband. Breakfast and Brunch on the weekends. Breakfast in bed. The way my son wakes me up sometimes by lightly poking my arm a dozen times. Playing hide and go seek. Taking lots of pictures and sharing them with everyone.

I love...

Fridays at 4PM, a surprise lunch away from the office with my man (bonus points if my boy is there, too!), and wandering the aisles of Target. Finding the perfect outfit (or pair of shoes, top, jeans, dress). Finding it on sale. I love "skinny" days. Good hair days. Hairdresser gossip.

But most of all, I love this.*
*I cheated. Sue me. ;)
Happy Friday!

No comments: