Friday, July 11, 2008

Friday Confession

I couldn't hold out for very long on the little "break" from my blog...

I'm not sure, though, how much longer I can do this. I have been censoring myself more and more lately and it sucks. I have so many rants cooped up inside me that I feel like I might explode.

Dr Pop thinks I have enough material in here to produce a book and isn't that what all the cool kids are doing these days? Everywhere I turn, some blogger has a book deal and is selling their "memoirs" to Random House.

Maybe it is crippling insecurity and fear of rejection when it comes to writing, but the idea that someone would pay to read about the mundane ins and outs of my life is absolutely ridiculous!

Perhaps if I turned it into a work of fiction... Hmmm...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

No. I really like you as you are.

Binary Blonde said...

I agree. Stick with you as you and don't muck it up with fictional accounts. You are much more interesting than a work of fiction.

How does that saying go? "Truth is stranger than fiction." or something like that.

Anyway, I also tend to censor myself.. big time.. I can't count how many drafts of posts I have collecting virtual dust because I'm too chicken to press "Publish".

I'm working on not being such a wuss, though! And hell, if I can do it, you definitely can.

And to make this comment even longer... I think just by reading Sue, I'm gathering the will power to stop censoring myself so much. ;)