Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Protection

I'm on a roll tonight! Two posts back-to-back!

Every now and then, i consider password protecting this blog. I go into some pretty deep stuff and have been known to post an embarassing detail about my life here and there.

And I post pictures of me and my family. I have only shared this blog with less than a handful of people that I know in the "real" world. For the most part, I really don't want my extended family reading this stuff. I'm not the most open person in the world when it comes to them (I've always had a hard time talking to my parents about personal stuff... Just a hangup of mine, I suppose).

But then I remember that I don't post anything out here that I wouldn't be okay with them reading at some point should they find it. I don't get into specifics about work and I don't say things that would necessarily or purposefully cause pain to those I love. And I have nothing to hide.

If my words are good enough for the people out there I don't know personally to read, then they'd better be good enough for my loved ones should they happen upon here one day. And if someone I don't like finds this place, well, I haven't given any amnuition against me, so HA!

No comments: