Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Alert Level Has Gone Down

Almost from the moment I walked through the double doors at the office and out to my car at the end of the day yesterday, I felt better. I suppose that should tell me something. Although I do have a sneaky suspicion that I was just PMS-ing yesterday. I typically have one really bad and angry day a month and yesterday just happened to be it.

Today is much better. Last night I took a proactive step in moving my professional life forward and it continues today. I'm having conversations with people in different roles and expanding my horizons beyond what they were in terms of career development. So good things are going to happen. I feel it.

Yesterday I worked out for the first time in months. I'm sure that my aching muscles and feeling of pride in myself have something to do with my better mood today as well. It is truly amazing how much easier it is to stick with something difficult if you are held accountable for it. That is why I went back to Spark People... Not because I wanted to lose weight (I don't) but because I feel so much better for logging the minutes I worked out and the exercises I did and getting points for it. I should be able to do this on my own without these little crutches, but I can't and I'm okay with it. Whatever works, right?

I owe Emily some pictures of my new shoes that aren't so new anymore. I promise I will post them soon. I've been trying to find online photos and can't. I will say this, I now have another pair of ballet flats, bringing my total wearable ballet flat count up to four. I think that's enough, don't you? I don't even particularly like wearing flats all the time, either. Oh well.

And in outstanding personal news, my maid showed up!!! That makes one time in January! Whoo hoo!

No comments: