Monday, December 31, 2007

Christmas. A Recap.

Oh y'all. I'm wiped out by all the holiday cheer and such. Well, that and working all but Christmas Day last week. And the shopping. And worrying.
Mema came home from the hospital on Christmas Eve. While she's not 100% better (and there's a chance she might never be back at 100%), just having her home and with us all was Christmas enough for me and the rest of my family.
This was the most fun Christmas morning and Christmas season with Boy Pop. He really "got" it this year and listening to him sing his loud, off-key, slightly garbled renditions of Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, Jingle Bells, Santa Claus is Coming to Town, etc. was one of my favorite parts of the entire month of December.

We had Christmas Eve and Christmas Morning through lunch at my grandmother's house. After lunch, Dr Pop, Boy Pop, and I headed back home to have our own private celebration. Boy Pop was nervous that Santa might not visit both places, but we left him a note at our house. Santa made both trips. Dr Pop got new wheels for his car and a Dallas Cowboy's NFC East Champions t-shirt. Boy Pop got some giant dinosaurs, about one million transformers, magnetix, a new TV, some DVDs, and various and asundry other things, including a Wiggle Racer that somehow got left behind at my grandmother's house.

My gift from Dr Pop was out of stock and impossible to find, so he got me a placeholder. It was a Toy Watch and it was adorable! I was really surprised. But when we were out shopping this past weekend, we found my gift... It's sort of like the picture below, but instead of multi-colored stones, it just has pink sapphires and diamonds. It's a lot bigger than what I'm used to wearing, but I already miss it when it is not on my wrist. Dr Pop did VERY good this year. And hell, I must have been a really good girl to get this. ;-)


I have a million stories to tell, but I cannot seem to pull them from my brain to my fingertips in any coherent fashion. Perhaps this week, which I have off, I can find them. But this was definitely our best Christmas yet. And today, the last day of 2007, I wish all of you a safe, happy, healthy, and prosperous New Year.


All my best,

Mrs. Pop

3 comments:

emily said...

Is that a colorful diamond bezel? So pretty!

Glad y'all had a happy Christmas.

Anonymous said...

I am so glad to hear Mema is doing well!

Mrs Pop said...

Thanks!

FYI, my watch is pink and white only, no colors.

I'm so thankful that Mema's doing better. It's still a long road to complete recover, but we're hopeful.